Dignitas News TV, in conjunction with the World Economic Forum and LiveStream TV is proud to provide coverage of this years World Economic Forum East Asia event from Manila, Philippines. Coverage will begin Wednesday, May 21, 2014. Events can be streamed live and viewed at later dates for your convenience. President Benigno Aquino will deliver the keynote address of the event featuring 600 participants from over 30 countries. President Aquino is hosting the event from the Tacloban/Plenary Hall in Metro Manila. He will be joined by Nguyen Tan Dung, Prime Minister of Vietnam, Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono, President of Indonesia and U Nyan Tun, Vice President of Myanmar. Learn more about the 2014 World Economic Forum on East Asia: http://wef.ch/ea14.
In related news, China declined an invitation to attend the event.
Key participants include:
- Cambodia: Sun Chanthol, Senior Minister, Minister of Commerce
- Indonesia: Muhamad Chatib Basri, Minister of Finance; Muhammad Lutfi, Minister of Trade; and R.M. Marty M. Natalegawa, Minister of Foreign Affairs
- Malaysia: Mustapa Mohamed, Minister of International Trade and Industry
- Myanmar: U Win Myint, Union Minister of Commerce and U Win Shein, Union Minister of Finance and Revenue
- Korea: Lee Il-Houng, G20 Sherpa, Ambassador for International Cooperation
- Japan: Yasutoshi Nishimura, Senior Vice-Minister of the Cabinet Office
- USA: Samuel J. Locklear III, Commander, United States Pacific Command
- Vietnam: Cao Duc Phat, Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development
- International organizations: Takehiko Nakao, President, Asian Development Bank (ADB); Naoyuki Shinohara, Deputy Managing Director, International Monetary Fund (IMF); and Rachel Kyte, Vice-President and Special Envoy, Climate Change, World Bank